Thursday 20 December 2007

Beverly and Tonya's Take...

Here is Tonya's take:

Journaling:
When I was a teen, I once snuck out of my house (after bedtime) to go hang out with friends. As dawn approached I knew I had to get back in. The way our fence was built, it was easy to climb over from our side, but impossible to scale from the outside (would’ve been perfect around a castle!) As I stood there, panicking, I looked to the heavens and saw a shooting star zoom across the sky! It was a sign! I instantly felt the greatest sense of relief: Everyone knew that a shooting star was good luck! About 2 minutes later our next door neighboor came home from “partying” and let me go through her house into her backyard and across to our backyard, where we shared a raised terrace. I easily got back inside and my parents were none the wiser. I never did anything like that again because I knew even if there was someone looking out for me, I certainly wasn’t going to get a second chance! Now stars are my favorite shape, I have them all over my house. They’re always there to provide me just the luck I need.



Here is Beverly's take:


Journaling reads:


At first glance it's just a book - but not so. This book, and moreparticularly this one story, is an integral part of our Christmaspreparations. I have read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' every ChristmasEve since Sean was just a few months old. This copy is not the first I haveowned but it has been with us for 17 years now. The rest of the year itlives on the shelf and when it's time, we sit by the twinkling lights of thetree and read it before bed time. The older boys still come and listen - forthe little one's benefit, of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, love the sneakin' out story! :) Yep, I think that shooting star (and the drunk neighbor) saved your beeeehind girl!

QueenTracy said...

Tonya-LOVE the colors on your layout! So cute!