Saturday 19 January 2008

Challenge # 8

This challenge is brought to you by the fabulous Nicole Drewniak. The challenge is to use a quote to inspire your journaling. Here is the inspiration page:




Journaling reads:

“That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

The best things in life really are free, if we are ready to open our eyes and see them for their true value. Think about it: a hug from your child or loved one, the smell of your favorite dish as it cooks, an unexpected compliment, a long soak in the bath, a morning spent sleeping in instead of running around doing errands. All of the small things that give us so much pleasure are the same things that we readily take for granted because we are always on the run. Always preoccupied. Driving ourselves insane. Making ourselves sick.

Today I am going to stop comparing myself to everyone else. Today I am going to quit being jealous of what others have. Today I am going to open my eyes and SEE.

I will see that I am blessed and that I am rich.

And it won’t cost me a thing.

~ January 5th, 2008

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love this idea, but have so many really good quotes buzzing around my head. Well done - fab layout, the photo, the colours all speak to me.

Lida said...

Beautiful quote and amazing journaling. Have a fun sunday!

Anonymous said...

This layout blew me away even before I read the journalling! What a great resolution for the new year Nicole!

Ali said...

Well done, well said and I completely agree, Nicole! :) BRAVO!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stephanie is sooo right! So many great quotes ... it's going to be hard to choose just ONE!!

At first glance this looks like a pretty scrapbook page ... but, then you read the quote .. now the picture makes sense ... then the title ... sort of a new year resolution ... then you read your journaling ... from the heart and full of insight and wisdom. Wonderful page ... wonderful challenge! {{{applause}}}

Beverley Todd said...

Love this challenge! Such a great page too & that is such heartfelt journaling. WTG Nicole

Deanne Clarke said...

Great challenge!!!

You'll find my LO here:

http://a-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2008/01/happiness-is-not.html