Wednesday 10 June 2009

Another one from me.

Title: Amost 40
Ok, I said it! Yes I do know that 40 isn't old, but it is to me. All my life I have thought 40 was over the hill - you know middle-aged. Well here I am at 39 and I am dreading it. I do feel pretty childish in my desire to stay young. The reality is that we all get older. I know this however I didn't realise your age doesn't change how you feel on the inside. I still feel 23 at heart. My outside does not look 23 anymore, sometimes the mirror gives me a shock. Inside I still feel young and full of life. This is not how I expected 40 (or 39) to feel.
Actually I don't know what I thought 40 would feel like. It always seemed so far away- until now. I guess I have to start acting like an adult and look at the positive things in my life. Honestly I would not change anything. I just like to throw a little verbal tantrum every so often. I love my life - all 39 years of it. God has truly blessed me with all of my desires; from getting married to a wonderful guy, the three children I wanted, a blue- eyed Siamese who adores me and a white corolla Verso.
Here's to another 39!
(just a little aside - now that 3 more years have passed I can freely admit nothing makes you "grow up" faster than having a teenager in the house, never mind 2!)

8 comments:

Liza said...

LOVE the journaling Stefanie! As they say, age is just a number. It's how you feel inside that reflects your "true age" and it doesn't hurt to sometimes feel younger than what is expected.

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the layout and the journaling Stef....don't worry I promise there is life after 40...and hopefully 50...Yikes!

Shayne said...

Wow, what a gorgeous pic of you Stef, you look beautiful.

Shayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mia Castrillo said...

Oh Stefanie! Very great heartfelt journaling! No, you don't look your age and yes, age is just a number. :D

Ella Swan said...

Oh yes, 2 teenagers in the house definitely make one grow up right fast! Just think of growing old as a more preferable alternative to the opposite - dying young!

janis said...

love your journaling stef. great photo too! ;o)

cabbie lopez said...

beautiful photo. dimples cute! love the journaling too!