Tuesday 2 March 2010

Melissa's challenge 75.


Title: A love for music

Journaling: Music has always been an important part of my life. Songs sung as a child became songs played on an instrument from the 4th grade on. First, I learned the flute, and then percussion in high school, followed by the clarinet and bass clarinet. In middle school, I was often 1st chair and I started participating in solo & ensemble competitions from then on. I received many 1 ratings, the highest honor. In high school, marching band monopolized much of my life inside and out of school. My best friend was in band, and most of my other friends as well. My future husband was even the drum major my freshman year. We spent many hours practicing & I'm still proud of the hard work & self discipline back then. I still even play my flute from time to time!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is awesomne, Melissa ... I can remember a few very very basic keys on the piano, but other than that I do not play any instruments - wish that I did ... mmm ... maybe it's not too late ...

Love, Tracy G

Nicole Drewniak said...

I can totally relate! I began my love affair with music at a young at that still continues.