Tuesday 1 March 2011

Challenge 99.

From our newest member, Sue.


Is there a physical object in your life that represents something more meaningful to you than just its literal meaning. Or better yet, Is there anything in your everyday life that is a simple pleasure, yet also has come to have deeper meaning?


The journaling reads: ""I grew up in a small town where it was possible to walk or ride your bike to get around. Even in college, a car was rarely needed. Over the years, I’ve grown increasingly frustrated with urban living which requires a car to accomplish even the shortest errand. I don’t like feeling trapped in my subdivision. So when Pittsfield Township constructed a walk/bike path at the entrance of our sub, I was thrilled to venture out a few miles without my car. I walk the path in the morning. Phil and I ride our bikes in the evening. My morning walk has become an anticipated pleasure. It feels great to get outside at the start of the day. I listen to podcasts on my iPod, starting with the preaching of Alistair Begg or the teaching of R.C. Sproul, then tune in the latest scrapbooking discussion on the Paperclipping Roundtable. I walk a couple miles and return home hungry for breakfast and ready for a shower. I love this morning routine that gets me on the right path for the day."

Even my embellishment, which says "Life is a journey not a guided tour" symbolizes life as a path we travel.

No comments: