Monday 23 May 2011

Heather's challenge 104


Journaling:
This trip was originally planned for September of 2001, but then the terrorist attacks of September 11 changed the baseball game that we had tickets to.

On September 11, I was working in Arlington, VA and saw the smoke from the Pentagon attack after watching the Trade Center attacks in New York on TV. Joey watched as fire and rescue vehicles made their way to the city. I spent the afternoon watching military airplanes fly cover over the city from our apartment balcony. I had to tell my dad what happened because he had been golfing that morning. I cried for a couple of years every time footage of that day was shown on TV. I really thought we were going to die that day. I think most of the country must have thought so, too, because people were so much nicer for a year or so afterwards.


No comments: